Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello all!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!

We had a lovely few weeks and now we are back at work. Man, it was tough to get up this morning.

I've been reflecting the past few days on the last year. I'd say that all in all it was a pretty good year. I've been doing well with my Flying; we found our very first house and are loving it; I got myself better together so I'm not feeling like such a space shot. We've been doing well with our finances and were able to get a nice chunk of money saved back up after we bought the house.

This year, we're going to attack our debt. Other than the house, we don't have too much, but really we shouldn't have any given our income. Once we get the small stuff taken care of, we're going to throw as much money as we can at the mortgage and get that paid off as soon as we can. I've been looking at those online mortgage calculators and it's really amazing how much money you will save by paying it off early. I have delusions that we'll get it paid by the time we are 40. That may be a bit of a stretch, but worth a shot. Anything we do will get it paid off sooner than being 62, so why not dream.

I also want to get back to more regular blogging. I wish I could say I'll do one every day, but I know that probably won't happen. Therefore, my goal is at least once a week.

As usual, it's lunchtime, so I'm off to get something to eat. I think I'll go for a salad today.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: