Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm excited to host Thanksgiving again this year. We'll have a few more people this year, so that will be fun. I love to have a house full of people. I follow the Dinner Diva's and Flylady's holiday menu plan with just few tweaks. I trade the green beans for peas and skip the cranberry sauce since we like my Mum's and the old stand by of the canned jellied stuff. This plan serves 12 people so it will be just right for us and will leave us with a few leftovers. Mum will do the turkey and gravy since I am challenged in that area (and the fact that I have the world's smallest oven) so that is a relief. She's also bringing her homemade cranberry relish. S is bringing yummy spinach balls and her pearl onions. Mmmmm!

Since I followed this plan last year, I know how long it will take for the set up and food prep and more importantly the cleanup. I can't have the sink full of pots and pans before we even sit down to dinner. ;) The plan is also great because it puts you on autopilot to get all the tasks done without being a frazzled mess.

I'll add these pecan pie bars to the dessert table. My coworker makes them for our annual cookie swap in December and they are soooo good. I can't wait make some. I just hope there will be some left for Turkey Day, LOL.

Do you have any special recipes or traditions that you do for Thanksgiving?

No comments: