Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hello all!

I hope you are staying warm. The wind is howling here and with the wind chill it's -7 F. Brrr!

Today is Day 3 of not smoking! Go me! I really hope I can stick with it and kick this habit. My head is in the game this time so I'm feeling confident. I want to give a big shout out to all my FB peeps! You guys rock! I truly appreciate your encouragement. Thank you. (((Big Hugs)))

We picked out our new range last weekend and it was delivered this week. We're getting there. Right now it is sitting in our sun room taunting me, but it's real purdy. =) We had a carpenter out to give us an estimate and his "off the top of my head" estimate was outrageous! He basically was quoting a week's worth of pay for a barely one day job. I don't think so! I think we're going to work on this ourselves with a friend's help to make the new cabinet door. That's the plan anyway. We'll be starting on that tomorrow.

Assuming our work on the kitchen is successful this weekend, I will be back with several cooking posts. Oh, how I miss having an oven that isn't possessed. I can't wait to bake some bread and sweet treats. A lasagna or some homemade mac and cheese wouldn't go amiss either. I've been scouring the interwebs for some new recipes and have a few lined up. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yum!

On a completely different topic, I think I'd like to start some digital scrapbooking. Now that I have my nice camera, I'd like to do something with the pictures I've been taking. I heard about a software package on another blog, but when I checked it out it was a subscription type thing. They would send me a new disk every two months with new templates and charge me X amount each time. I don't really want to get into that sort of thing. I was looking for more of a one time purchase deal. If anyone has any recommendations that won't break the bank, I'm all ears.

What have you been up to?

No comments: