Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yikes! 2 Months??

Sorry! I've been neglecting you! Things got busy with the holidays and such that I'm just now getting back into the swing of things.

Let's see, where to I start?

Well, Thanksgiving was very nice, despite the fact that the blasted Brady Bunch oven kicked it on me just before dinner. Thankfully, everything was already cooked and I was just using the oven to keep things warm. We had a lovely meal and great company! I highly recommend that menu plan I mentioned since the food is yummy and it kept me on track (and got all the food cooked before the oven fiasco).

My high school had an informal part 2 to our reunion that weekend. It was great to catch up with those that didn't make it to part 1 over the summer.

The next weekend was Michael's work Christmas party. It was a blast. It was so good to meet so many of the guys that I've heard about forever but hadn't yet met in person. They are a great bunch and load of fun.

We hosted Christmas Eve with Mum and Dad and C and S and the kids. It was hectic getting the food ready since we still don't have our oven, but I made a great chicken, broccoli and ziti on the cooktop, with salad and garlic bread (in the toaster oven.) Christmas Day we went over to Michael's family and had a yummy Irish breakfast and played Wii. I have some funny pics of the boxing matches. LOL. Any why is it that the little people you fight all wear glasses? Later that day, I went over to C and S's for dinner with them, Mum and Dad and Uncle J. All in all, it was a great Christmas!

For New Year's we went to see Michael's cousin M and his girlfriend W in NYC. We stayed with them for a few days and went to see Gaelic Storm on NYE. That show rocked! I can't wait to see them again. W made the yummiest Guinness Beef Stew on New Year's Day. It was perfect! I can't wait to see them again later in the spring at our house. =)

The following weekend, we finally got those windows installed that I spoke of in my last post. It had been a scheduling nightmare with the original installer, but the person that actually came out in his place was awesome. His did a great job and is going to help us with a few other projects.

One of those projects is replacing our cooktop/wall oven set up with a stand alone range. That's going to require me to put on my GC hat at coordinate the carpenter, plumber and electrician but I think I'll be able to handle it. They're all good guys and have worked at our house before so I don't see it as being a problem. I just can't wait! I've been dying to make cookies and bread. Soon enough. I expect that we'll have this project done in the next 2-3 weeks.

Sheesh, that turned out to be a longer post than I expected. I hope you are all doing well!

What have you been up to?

No comments: