Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!

First and foremost, I want to thank all of those in the Armed Forces for all they do and sacrifice to keep our country safe. Thank you!! Happy Veteran's Day!

I got the notice with my appointment scheduled with the new RE for December 4th. Things are moving along! Now, I just need to get my records all transferred over so that she'll have my background.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been on Twitter for the past week or so. It's been a good tool for FLYing, as we've all been posting our quick updates as we get things done. It's the kick in the pants I've needed for the last couple of days.

Oh, I had to redo my aquarium this weekend. I went to clean it and then realized that my filter was broken and the gravel was icky so I just started over. It was a bit stressful since I had to move Fatty and Dottie to fish bowls while I got everything set up and allowed 24 hours for the new aquarium to get going before putting them back in. The lady at the pet shop said we would need to stir the fish bowls every so often so that there would be enough air for the fish in their temporary homes. We dutifully did so but felt a little silly doing it. It felt like I was making fish soup or something, LOL. Anyway, they are now happily back in their newly redesigned tank with a new filter, gravel and plants. I think it looks really nice and the colors actually go with the room better now, so that was a little bonus to make up for my stress.

In other news, Michael found out that Friday will be the last day on this crappy shift! Yippee! Things should be getting back to normal next week and we'll be able to have dinner together without having to rush through it. And I'll have my sweetie home when I'm home, YAY!

I guess that's all for now. I'm off to do some work. Have a great day!

No comments: