Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Mondy again, boo!

Hello all!

I'm bummed that I am in work today. In MA, today is Patriot's Day, a state holiday. In my office, it's a floater holiday and I have always had it off. But, since I was out at the beginning of last week, I needed to come in today so that my boss and I could go over the financials. Hurumph, but oh well.

It's so noisy here since today is the Boston Marathon and the finish line is just down the street, 0.2 miles to be exact. There's lots of cheering, helicopters and across the street there is a stage with a band playing. The Red Sox are playing today too just a few blocks in the other direction so there are people everywhere. I had to take the train into work today because I didn't think that I could be able to cross the street from the garage. So, I'm a bit peeved that I have to be here today. In all of my 32 years, I have never had to go to school or work on this day. I love having it off since it usually falls on my birthday or at least my birthday weekend. OK, I'll stop complaining. ;)

The weekend was good. We just chilled on Friday night since Michael just came home. Saturday was my birthday. I did some more packing in the morning and then we had a cookout in the afternoon/early evening. My BFF, T, came and spent the night since we were up til the wee hours. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday was my nephew, T's, birthday party and my brother's house. It was a really nice day and we all had a good time. On the way home, we stopped off for some Chinese food take out. It was really good! I wonder if the cook has changed? The past few times it's really been a crap shoot of how the food will be. We took our chances since this was the only take out option for a Sunday night in our neighborhood. The egg rolls were gigantic! I wonder what our new take out place will be once we move? I hope it's good!

Hopefully, I'll be able to leave a little early today so that I can get home and enjoy some of this beautiful weather. I really should be packing, but I also really want to to some planting though I know that it makes no sense since we will be moving in a couple of weeks. I guess spring fever has officially hit. Oh, well, I guess I can just tidy up in front of our place and sweep the steps and maybe buy a potted plant for the step, that will have to do.

That's all for now. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Thoughtful said...

Sorry you had to work on Patriot Day. I didn't realize it was such a big event there.

And oh, Happy Belated Birthday!!!