Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Packing

Hello all!

I took a suvey of the house last night to see what really needs to be packed up for the move. I know I'm probably terribly underestimating, but, I don't think it's going to be that bad. Here's what I've come up with:

Living Room: a few knick knacks, the fish supplies for the tank and the toss pillows and throws. (We're going to move the fish tank ourselves).

Dining Room: a few knock knacks, the snowglobe collection, the china cabinet contents, the table linens.

Kitchen: Pots and Pans, plates, glasses, utensils, table linens, dish towels, cleaning supplies and maybe a few non-perishable food items if we don't finish them off before we move.

Office: Computer, monitor, printer, desk accessories, modem.

Guest room: Video games, books, stuffed animals, craft supplies, bed linens.

Master Bedroom: Bed linens, my shoes and hanging clothes, my make up and hair stuff, a few little knick knacks and picture frames.

Bathroom: Towels, toiletries, shower curtains, bath rugs.

Throughout the house: Curtains, hanging pictures and mirrors.

The rest of the things are can't be packed, like the sofas and tables and such, so I think it won't be too bad. And the movers said we don't have to empty our dressers as long as we just have clothes in them. Yippee!

I plan on purging through a bunch of stuff so that I'm not bringing any clutter to the new house. The main area to purge through is my clothes. It's good that we're moving as the seasons are changing so I can go through last year's spring/summer things and get rid of anything that doesn't work for me anymore. I'll do the same with my winter things. I know there are some sweaters in my drawer that I didn't wear at all this year, so I think it's safe to say I can get rid of them. I'm sure there are some things in my kitchen too that I can pass along. My bff, T, said she'd take any kitchen things we didn't need anymore so I'll need to set aside a box for her.

Wish me luck and if you have any tips, please pass them along!

No comments: