Friday, May 9, 2008

7 and 1/2 hours left...

My vacation will be starting st the end of the day! Yippee! Well, sort of. The moving trucks are coming on Monday to clear out the apartment and head over to the house. We're very excited about that, but it means we'll have a gillion boxes to now unpack, ugh. I must say that it will be a relief once this move is complete. It will be so nice to be able to sit on our couch again and watch TV at the end of the day and sleep in our real bed. (We've been sleeping on the guest bed that we brought over.) I hope to get the kitchen squared away as far as the unpacking goes early in the week so that we can have a home cooked meal. All the take out we've been having is getting old, not to mention expensive.

Michael and I are going to go to Home Depot tonight to get the remaining paint we need and also pick out our new kitchen appliances. We were going to wait on the appliances, but have decided to just go ahead since we're already hemorrhaging money. After hearing the vintage copper tone fridge moan and groan and give off heat we decided to go for it. The oven is also a disaster. It too is vintage copper tone and last Saturday when we were heating up a casserole that Mum and Dad brought over, it popped and scared the crap out of us. I had been preheating the oven and the bottom broiler came on with its pilots and it seemed like the top oven was working too. Little did we know that the pilot for the top oven hadn't lit right away so the oven was filling with gas and then when the pilot did come on, it popped and the door bounced open a little. To get to the point, basically, there was an explosion in the oven. Thankfully nothing bad happened except for our hearts skipping a beat. We decided then that we needed those new appliances and figured we may as well get the new cook top too. (We haven't tried that yet, but the way things are going , I don't really want to.)

Well, I've got to get back to work so I can get out of here at 5 o'clock today. I'll write more next week when I have some time (and my desk).

Happy Friday and I hope you all have a super duper weekend! Yes, I said super duper and I am a complete dork and damn proud of it! =)

2 comments:

Thoughtful said...

I hope you had a super duper time picking out new appliances!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.