Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Back!

Hello all!

I'm back at work today. As you know, I was on vacation last week to deal with the move and all the unpacking. I must say, it all went really well! We've got just about everything unpacked, our new fridge was delivered, and it's really feeling like home. We have a few things left at the apartment, but I plan to pick up as much as I can on my way home today and the rest tomorrow if it doesn't all fit in the beetle.

We've got to get our fish over to the house too. I'm not sure how to do that without completely messing up the tank. We've let the water go down a bit so I'm hoping that we can move it over and then just top off the tank with treated water. We were originally going to put the tank in the living room, but I think that it might be a bit tight so I think Fatty, Dotty and Oscar will be living in the office.

We've got most of the before and after pictures taken so I plan to put together one of those montage thingys for you all to see. I hope to do that this week.

We've met a few of the neighbors and they are all very nice and happy to see another young couple in the neighborhood. Slowly the street is turning to folks like us or couples with young children so I'm sure we'll be very happy there for a long time. The house next door is vacant as the owner went into a nursing home, so hopefully that will be occupied/sold soon.

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to catch up on your blogs! =)

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

I can't wait to see your before/after pics, how exciting!