Friday, May 23, 2008

Woo hoo, a long weekend!

I'm so excited it's Friday! And a long weekend is ahead! Yippee!

I was messed up on my days yesterday and it didn't hit me until I got home last night that it was Thursday not Wednesday. Gotta love that!

We'll be hanging at the house this weekend. Tomorrow the junk guys are coming to get rid of the construction mess and I am going to try my hand at a little gardening in the front yard. Please say your prayers for the flowers I get that they don't die as soon as I plant them. You may think I'm kidding, but I have the worst black thumb ever and even killed my air plant that needs nothing at all! I was thinking of going to the nursery rather than HD to get some plants because I think I may get some better advice from the nursery workers as to which plants will work in our front yard. Also, Michael and I are trying to support the local businesses more and are going to try and avoid HD, unless we need something big. There's an Ace Hardware that's even closer to the house, so we'll go there for the smaller items. We have nothing against HD, but we just want to support our town businesses, rather than go to the next town and support corporate America.

OK, off my tangent and back to the weekend plans...Saturday will be a work on the yard-go grocery shopping-weekly home blessing (that's a Flylady thing if you're not in the know) kind of day. Sunday and Monday are supposed to be beautiful - sunny and in the 70's and near 80! =) We're going to take these days off from any kind of work. We're planning on cooking out both days and just enjoying our yard and being outside. (Note to self: Pick up some sunscreen) If you're in the neighborhood, come on by. I'm sure the grill will be going all day. (Other note to self: check the propane level.) I plan to make up some of my yummy hand packed burgers for you all to enjoy along with the usual hot dogs and all the other summertime fixin's. Yum, I can hardly wait!

It is so dead in the office today. It's a floater holiday for us and there are only 6 of us here so far. I know most people took the day off and I'm sure others will be strolling in late. I didn't take the day since I just came back from vacation. Oh well, I'm sure it will be an easy day and hopefully I can scoot out a little early.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend! Talk to you Tuesday!

No comments: