Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A wonderful weekend!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend. Ours was great. It went just as we had planned. I was able to get out early on Friday and catch a 3:35 train. I called Michael as I was waiting for the train and he was already half way home from work and I beat him by a good 20 minutes! Hee, hee. Anyway, when he came home, we just chilled on the deck and had a few beers. The weather couldn't have been better Friday and for the whole weekend.

Saturday, I went on my errands and Michael worked on the yard. I had to go all over the countryside to find a place to return the beer cans. I thought I could do it at the grocery store, but the one I went to doesn't sell beer so you can't return the cans there. Ugh, anyway, I was able to find a place and did my good deed for the environment. Then I headed over to BJ's and bought the bulk items we needed and then finally went back to the grocery store after a pit stop at home to unload. The house was in good shape so the weekly home blessing didn't take too long. We're living on the first floor for the most part, so upstairs has remained nice and neat, so other then a swish and swipe in the bathroom, I was all set.

Sunday was beautiful. Our first Sunday paper came to the new house so I was able to have some coffee and sit on the deck in the morning and read it. It was terrific! Later, the family came over for a cookout. We did the traditional burgers and hot dogs with mac and jack salad and Julie's yummy potato salad. Everyone was stuffed. I think I made the burgers a bit too big this time. Oh well, next time they should be just right. After our cookout, we went over to C & S's for round two. S's brother and family were visiting. It was nice to see them, especially since I don't think I had seen their boys since C & S got married, almost 12 years ago! We had a nice visit. After we left there, we were going to go to the cultural center, but it was closed so we just went home.

Monday we just had a lazy day. We just hung around, had more hot dogs, watched movies and napped. A perfect day if you ask me!

I didn't get to plant any flowers, but I did tend to my potted petunias and they are looking fab!

Well, it's back to work for me. At least it is already Tuesday! Have a great day!

No comments: